Sunday, November 11, 2007

5 random thoughts i occasionally have

1. i am constantly amazed that airplanes can actually fly. sometimes i'll look up in the sky and see a tiny plane traveling above clouds and think, "there are people in that thing. thats amazing." these things are huge, weigh like 150,ooo pounds and carry 180 people. and they fly! in the air!

2. sometimes when driving on the freeway i find it interesting to think about how each car is like its own little bubble environment... each with a specific temperature, unique soundtrack, and driver thinking their own weird thoughts.

3. i often wonder about all the photos i am in the background of. when people are sharing their vacation photos or whatever with their families and friends, how often are they seeing me off in the distance. i wish there was some magical flickr account where i can type in my name, and see all the photos. (am i just extremely narcissistic? kind of)

4. every time i walk on pier i think about what it might be like of the pier suddenly collapsed. i do not have any sort of fear of this actually happening - i know it's highly unlikely. but i wonder if it would be violent and messy, potentially killing and harming everybody, or if it would fall slowly as all support beams give way, resting softly in the waves below and allowing time for the people at the end to run back to shore (screaming just for dramatic effect - fathers carrying the small children because kids run slow) before having to swim for it. would i jump off if it started to crumble? what if it began to fall but stopped halfway? - i'd look like a big idiot if i jumped off...

5. i lied. i dont really have a 5th.

5 comments:

and.you.glow said...

i think about that plane one a lot actually. I am always freaked out about that fact.

Taylor Allen Balty said...

I totally know what you mean! I think about those all the time, well maybe not the 4th one, but haha.

Tom Hughes said...

I love this list. When I think about cars on the freeways, I like to think about how the people are actually sitting down but accelerating at 65 mph, which would be really awesome if you could imagine them doing that without the car.

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same thought about planes. Usually only when I'm in them, and I think about how impossible it is that I haven't fallen to the earth yet. Then I have to try and not hyperventilate.

Chad Cheverier said...

i think about these things too, i like tommy's aditional thought too